The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. In fact, everything is not so scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia and other localizations are protrusions of the disc nucleus, which appeared as a result of partial or complete rupture of the fibrous ring – the outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* have poor heredity.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia is manifested by back pain of varying intensity and other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Will treating intervertebral hernia without surgery relieve pain and numbness?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. Surgery is required in advanced cases to relieve pain and restore mobility.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics” in Kiev for the treatment of intervertebral hernia without surgery uses the most advanced techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
For additional information about gryzha pozvonochnika just go to this useful webpage