The diagnosis of an intervertebral disc herniation sounds like a sentence to some people. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia, and other localizations, are protrusions from the disc nucleus. They result from partial or complete ruptures of the fibrous outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* have poor heredity.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Symptoms of lumbar hernia
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Numbness of soft tissues on the outer surface of the thigh, shin and big toe with a tingling sensation and tingling.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Painful shots can be taken even if you are lifting very small weights off the ground in your waist.
5. The patient experiences general weakness and fatigue quickly. Sensitivity decreases in the groin area.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
Hernia in the cervical spine manifests itself in the early stages.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The pain radiates from the wrist to the shoulder, where it is almost completely gone.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains of headaches, flies in the eyes, tinnitus, loss of orientation in space.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics”, Kiev, for intervertebral hemia treatment without surgery uses the best techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. In other words, in each case the therapeutic program is developed individually and guarantees positive dynamics.
To get more information about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha visit the best webpage